Alternative Petroleum and Power Limited (APPL) is a privately owned Nigerian company focused on providing clean, efficient and environmentally friendly (reformed) fuels [diesel (APPL-DOE), household kerosene (APPLHHKE), Residual oil and low pour fuel oil (APPL-LPFO) with increased quantum], and generation of power. At APPL, we aim at helping our customers save more by reducing their overall fuel costs and harmful emissions drastically while ensuring the efficiency of their engines.
APPL is in partnership with two (2) foreign companies in the United States and Japan which have developed patented Nano Plasma Fusion Fuel Technology (NPFFT) and SulfexTM technology (SDT) which uses patented Fuel Reformation Units (FRUs) to produce Reformed Fuels (R-Fuels) with increased quantum while reducing the overall fuel costs and harmful emissions drastically. The Company’s FRUs can be installed and used at customer location or its own preferred production facility.
APPL holds exclusive distribution rights with fifteen (15) African countries to provide clean energy. For more information on the agreement visit the link below:
APPL also intends to develop the following projects in phases;
1. 42 MMSCF/day modular Gas-to-Liquid (GTL) plant to produce 600 MT of alternate diesel and 200 MT Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) per day.
2. Safe and secured 1,000 capacity ultra – modern trailer park with 24-hour power supply, accommodation, fire service, health center and a 3M liter-capacity mobile fuel station to sell APPL reformed diesel.
3. Feeder industries to convert sulfones generated during the desulfurization process to soil amendment, disinfectants, ointment, flame retardants, etc
4. Waste transformation centre that features biofertilizers production
5. Nitrogen and Oxygen generation plant that will mark the commencement of the APPL Recycling West Africa, a subsidiary that will be focused on converting end-of-life tyres and plastics to thermoplastic elastomer (TPEs) a raw material to produce thermoplastics; and
6. A Nano-water plant for production of hydrogenated drinking water. APPL is committed to comprehensive and cost-effective solutions to environmental problems with a sound team of seasoned professionals leveraging on their years of experience in the petroleum, power, business and environmental sector. APPL has a reputation for integrity, quality delivery and excellence in petroleum resource management.
The company has also signed an agreement with Bergen Engines, AS Norway to construct 300 MW gas fired combined cycle power plant coupled with a Carbon Capture and Recovery System (CCRS) at its Industrial Polis in Calabar, Nigeria.
The project will provide heat and power to APPL Industrial Complex and its surrounding area in Calabar region of Nigeria’s Cross River State.